Studio Rental is available.
Have experience but need a place to work? You can rent studio time in our Hot Shop, Warm Glass, or Cold Working Studios. We supply the raw glass cullet in the Hot Shop, but the color and other supplies are up to you. (We don’t have extra glass supplies.)
Hot Shop Rental
- Our studio is available for day rental from experienced glassmakers. $1500/day Price includes 1-2 assistants as needed. If heavy glass use, there may be an additional charge.
- Our hourly rental preference is 2-hour increments.
- Rental includes using the small glory hole, one bench, tools, torches, and 1/4 of the front load annealer per 2-hour session.
- Please start your annealer load at the very back of the available space and load pieces as close together as possible.
- Glass is included. If you become a heavy user of glass, we will start making an additional glass charge.
- Glassmakers/renters must supply their own color, safety apparel, blow hoses. Feel free to bring your own tools (please make sure they are labeled, so there is no confusion).
- Cost is $50/hour for hot shop time for the small glory hole, studio time with an assistant is $75/hour (maximum 2 glassmakers), studio time with instruction is $100/hr (maximum 2 glassmakers)
Warm Studio Rental
Do you need a place to do your kiln-forming work? Do you want to make something work but don’t know how?
You can work on your pieces and set them up for the kiln in our Warm Glass Studio. Provide us an annealing schedule, or we will work on one together to get your results.
Private consultations and kiln firings are $75/hr. You can reserve your time. Please bring your own glass.
Cold Shop Rental
If you have not previously worked in our cold shop, we will provide a short tutorial to review studio protocol. If you are new to cold working, we will guide you with one-on-one time until you can work independently.
- Cold working tools are expensive and must be maintained regularly.
- When finished, all equipment is to be turned off, cleaned up, and dried off. (There is a wet/dry shop vac there)
- Each worker must return all pads, belts, and bits must to their proper place.
- Cost is $30/hour for cold working time (no incremental). If you are inexperienced a need instruction, the cost is $55/hr until deemed ready to work alone.
- Available Rental Hours are Wednesday – Sunday 10 am – 5 pm.
- If you have not worked in our studio before, a 30-minute competency “test” is required for the hot shop, and a protocol review is needed for cold working.
- Everyone who works in our studio or cold shop must read & sign our online safety waiver.
- We encourage you to schedule regular rental time. However, we reserve the right to change your schedule if we reserve the time for a group event. We will notify you as early as possible when this happens.
- We need a two-hour notice for glory hole rental to ensure the hole is hot!
We love having you in the studio and look forward to seeing you soon.