POSITION RECEPTIONIST / SALESPERSON
Work directly with customers and artists to understand the needs of the customers and the business. This includes face-to-face sales with walk-in clients and telephone interaction. We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment or alone. Must make themselves familiar with studio/gallery offerings so that they can respond directly to questions. Knowledge of art markets, glass art, and glassblowing is a plus.
- Greeting and answering customer questions and needs on the phone and in-person,
- Posting who’s in the studio & showroom on the chalkboard
- Assisting customers in check-in and signing of safety waivers, picking up their glass.
- Posting one video/photo of what’s happening in the studio per shift
- Handle and make change for customer sales as needed
- Keep showroom, office, and two bathrooms clean each shift
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Degree or current student in good standing
Experience in sales, customer relations, marketing, or social media management preferred
Enthusiasm for glass or art and a drive to learn more
Attention to detail
Reliable and timely, able to work as scheduled
Graphic design and video editing experience preferred
Experience using social media as a marketing tool
Responsible and trustworthy
- Studio hours are 4 pm – 10 pm Wednesday – Friday, 10 am – 10 pm Saturday, and 10 am – 4 pm Sunday. Looking for 2 people to fill all shifts.
- All positions at the Studio work under high heat and you are surrounded by particulates, as well as hot and sharp objects. Safety is of utmost importance.
Three Dimensional Visions offers competitive benefits including vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and professional development.
Compensation: Hourly Pay plus the ability to learn through observation, the process of glassblowing. (probably no hands-on)
ABOUT THREE DIMENSIONAL VISIONS
- Your future is our future. Commitment runs two ways.
- We strive to enrich all those around us, the caller, the visitor, the student, and the collector. We want everyone who interacts with us to feel their lives have been enhanced by our connection, that we have added value to them.
- Creativity is the center of our world today and is a critical skill for the future. We work to empower people to understand their originality and their ability to grow. Everything we do focuses on enabling people to participate, develop, and nurture each other to solve problems, with each person contributing to the overall success.
Houston area’s only open-access glass blowing studio. Woman-led and family operated offering beautiful glass art for purchase, glass blowing experiences & classes, a unique venue for your next event, and rental time to experienced glassmakers. Shop in person or online 24/7
If interested please respond with a cover letter, curricula vita to firstname.lastname@example.org.